Close

Cost Containment

Fixed vs. Variable Group Captive Health Insurance Costs

holding a dollar sign

Highlights  Insurance carriers that offer fully insured plans bring in big profits with 100% fixed-rate structured health insurance. Fixed costs with self-funded group captive insurance are only around 15%. With group captive insurance, you are free to use cost-containment strategies to lower the remaining 85% of your expenses. By using […]

Read More

How Clinical Care Management Can Lower Your Healthcare Costs

speaking with a medical doctor

Highlights  Clinical care management is a team-based approach to healthcare that focuses on helping high-risk patients manage chronic or life-threatening conditions. Clinical care management lowers healthcare costs by reducing unnecessary ER and hospital visits and improving patients’ overall health. Implementing clinical care management features into your insurance coverage is essential […]

Read More

Behavioral and Mental Health Trends To Watch in 2022

looking at data

Highlights   Mental health trends show an increased need for mental and behavioral health services. Many are turning to digital health tools to treat rising mental health issues like anxiety and depression. The increase in mental health issues means employers need to offer health insurance plans that provide access to telehealth […]

Read More

5 Cost-Containment Strategies for Managing Catastrophic Diagnoses

looking at data

Highlights Cost-containment strategies for catastrophic diagnoses are essential to a self-funded group captive insurance plan. A catastrophic diagnosis like cancer or kidney failure can result in atypical expenses. Encouraging regular visits to primary care providers is the number one way to manage catastrophic diagnosis costs. Companies can also manage catastrophic […]

Read More

Managing Health Insurance Costs Is a Long-Term Strategy

Two people having a discussion

Owners of small and midsize businesses need to think long-term when planning how to best manage healthcare insurance costs. On one hand, employers want to provide the best coverage available to their hard-working employees. On the other hand, employers also need to keep a tight rein on costs.   The […]

Read More

Captives Do It Better: Data Transparency

Captives Do It Better: Data Transparency Image

The idea of asking your insurance carrier for your healthcare and claims data has been taboo for so long that it isn’t listed as an FAQ on any major fully insured carrier’s website. That’s right, in the digital age, with a wealth of information at our fingertips, it’s impossible to […]

Read More

Top 5 Trends Impacting Health Insurance Costs

Jan-Featured-Image-2560×1707

Roundstone has been keeping tabs on the most creative and innovative solutions implemented by open-minded employer clients over the past year to better meet their employees’ changing needs and control health insurance costs. We’re also always on the lookout for what’s coming next. We all saw big changes in 2020 […]

Read More